The OnShelf Holds report and the Clean Holds report are run daily and will be accessed by staff in the service point. The holds lists can be found on the desktop on computers logged on as your branch (eg. LHLI).
OnShelf Holds List
This report identifies materials with holds that are on the shelf and selects a specific library’s copy to be designated for a specific hold.
Printing the OnShelf Holds Labels:
- Click the "Pull-OnShelf Labels" icon on the desktop:
- Insert label paper into the bypass tray. Ensure that the labels are placed in the correct orientation for your printer (ie. face up or face down). Be sure to remove any leftover paper from this tray once the print job is complete. It is best to use the bypass tray rather than one of the normal trays as the path taken by the paper is shorter and has fewer turns than if it is fed through another tray; this will help prevent any jamming issues. As well, the label stock is more expensive than other paper, so using this method will help prevent the label stock from accidentally being used for other print jobs.
- If printing a specific range of label pages, for example, pages 7 to 9, the value entered into the "Print Custom Range" field is actually "p1s7-p1s9" or if pages 7, 15, and 21, needed to be reprinted, for example, the value entered into the "Print Custom Range" field is "p1s7, p1s15, p1s21"
- The barcode on the labels can be scanned to mark items that aren't found missing at the end of the searching process.
To Process the Onshelf Holds List:
Search shelves for the items, place labels on the items, and process using Trap Holds Wizard.
Used to pop holds for items that appear on the List of Onshelf Items with Holds report.
The List of Onshelf Items with Holds Report must be run before holds can be trapped.
- Search for items on the list.
- Place labels on found items. Labels are to be placed such that the spine will rest on the holds shelving, and the writing should go down, not up.
- Select Trap Holds.
- Scan item (only barcode on the list will satisfy hold unless the item is marked missing).
- Item number, user ID and name, and Route/Transit To information appears.
- Place item in delivery area for transportation, or place on your holds shelves if the item is for one of your customers.
Process all located items.
- Mark items not located MISSING, using Mark Items Missing wizard (see Mark item missing).
- Workflows looks for another available copy the next time the report is run.
- If the missing item is a last copy, CMA will be notified via a report.
Filling Holds With Duplicate Copies:
- Item on list cannot be located and was marked Missing.
- Duplicate copy is located. Apply the label to the item, and cross out the barcode on the label so staff at the receiving library know that this barcode does not match the item in hand.
- Use Check Item Status to scan the duplicate item.
- Hold information will display.
- Process as directed.
Clean Holds List
The report includes all expired holds, as well as any that have been cancelled by customers, or by staff. The report will be run daily and is sorted by user name.
Printing the Clean Holds List:
- Double Click on "Clean Hold list" icon on the desktop:
- Continue following the printing directions as stated above for "OnShelf Holds list".
- Delete reports as necessary.
Printing the Clean HoldShelf Labels:
- Click the "Clean HoldShelf Labels" icon on the desktop
- Continue following the printing directions as stated above for "printing OnShelf Holds Labels".
- Print the "Normal" clean holds list to pair with the labels. For privacy reasons, the clean shelf labels only list the next borrower's information, so you need the "normal" list to find the items that need to be cleaned from your shelves (since they are filed under the expired customer's name).
To process the Clean Holds Shelf list:
- Pull items from your hold shelves, place labels on items with holds, process items for holds as indicated.
- Select Check Item Status.
- Scan all Items that have an equivalent location to on-shelf.
- Process as directed.
- Items not found should be made Missing (see Mark item missing).
Note: Occasionally items on list will have a status of "checked out". The holds have been borrowed by the customer, who first cancelled them on-line (causing them to appear on list) and then checked them out.